Trust the professionals with our commercial cleaning services
Plenty of labels (and commercial cleaning services in Columbus, for that matter) claim that the products entering your home or business are natural. The truth is, there could be dozens of harmful cleaning solutions lurking under your sink or in your storage room that you should throw out.
But what products should you reach for instead? And whom should you trust to clean your space?
We’ve done the product research for you, and even rounded up a couple DIY cleaning solutions. Keep reading for product tips, or get in touch with our Dirt Specialists today at 614-300-7970.
- Bon Ami Powder Cleanser. This mineral-based scrub has been around for generations–and for good reason. In addition to polishing up tile, it eliminates dirt and food particles on soapstone, enameled cast iron and stainless steel without scratching. The new formula also contains baking soda to soak up odors, as well as renewable corn and coconut oils.
- Castile Liquid Soap. This biodegradable, vegetable-based soap has been called the “Swiss Army Knife” of cleaners for its versatility. Gentle enough for washing the body, face or hair, but powerful enough for tasks like dishwashing, mopping, laundry and even pest control.
- Simple Green® Naturals Glass & Surface Care. Made from 100 percent naturally–derived ingredients, it contains plant–based surfactants (substances that lower the surface tension between two liquids or between a liquid and a solid) that penetrate oily soils. Its corn and coconut–derived sequestrants, which break the bond of the soils, also helped this cleaner earn an A with the Environmental Working Group (EWG).
- Simple Green Naturals Carpet Care. This spot cleaner contains 100 percent naturally sourced ingredients, including a “non–chlorine oxidizer, a preservative derived from chicory root, a plant based surfactant and a mineral alkali ‘builder’ to break down and counteract soils and stains.” It can also be used on couches, chairs, throw rugs and other upholstered surfaced.
- At-home carpet solution. Prefer to make your own cleaners? Try mixing this stain remover by combining one teaspoon of mild dishwashing liquid, like Dawn, with one quart of warm water, and adding one-quarter teaspoon of white vinegar.
- Method Laundry Detergent. We love Method cleaning products, and this compact, ultra-concentrated detergent is no different. The only one to have received Cradle 2 Cradle certification (one of the most stringent third-party "green" seals), its patent-pending technology requires just a quarter the dose of the leading brands.
- Make your own. You can mix your own liquid laundry soap 2 1/4 cups liquid castile soap, 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar, 1 tablespoon glycerin (you can pick this up at stores like Walgreens or order on Amazon) and 3/4 cup water in a plastic container. Use 1/4 cup for average loads or 1/2 cup for extra large.
Window and glass cleaners
- Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate. Its website boasts that this concentrated super cleaner tackles “everything from spilled milk, to bug guts on the window, to splattered spaghetti sauce,” but This Old House editors love it for its streak-free shine on glass.
- Attitude Window and Mirror Cleaner. Free of carcinogen ingredients and byproducts, and even certified eco-friendly by EcoLogo (currently the only North American eco-labeling program approved by the Global Ecolabelling Network).
- Method All-Purpose Cleaning and Disinfecting Wipes. Method makes the list again with these plant-based antibacterial wipes. The sweet-smelling essential oils and patented disinfectant formula don’t hurt, either.
- Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda. Ditch the harsh chemicals in your bathroom—and tons of other rooms in your home or office. Just sprinkle the washing soda on a damp sponge and get to work. You can even make your own bleach-free, all-purpose cleaner. Just mix 1/2 tsp. Arm & Hammer washing soda, 1/2 tsp. liquid laundry soap and 2 tsp. borax in a spray bottle and and 2 cups hot water.
- Seventh Generation Toilet Bowl Cleaner. This plant-based cleaner scored an A with the EWG for its non-toxic, biodegradable formula.
If you’re looking for the home or office cleaning you can trust, call 614-300-7970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for Two Men & A Vacuum’s commercial cleaning prices today.